Fat quarters for quilting: should you pre-wash?
I guess not, based on this experience. At least not in a washing machine/dryer.
I know for garment sewing, you really, really do need to pre-wash fabric (or calculate shrinkage). And yes, I’ve heard of hemming fabric before you wash it (and even done it, for a few precious fabrics). But fat quarters? They’re so small, I thought hemming before washing was a bit other the top.
By the way, no sympathy needed: I don’t mind detangling and they’re all separate and neatly folded now.
- Rib as decoration: SABA AW 2011
- Crafting together (4)
- First quilt strip (2)
- SS2011 fashion weeks, introduction (2)
- Quilting: rather nice, actually (3)
- Fat quarters for quilting: should you pre-wash? (6)
- In which I solve a quilting problem, without making a quilt (5)
- Spring Kids’ Clothes Week (4)
- Sydney street art #06 (2)
- What I’m actually doing